Friday, December 17, 2010

MAGANDANG HAPON PO! -PART TWO!

I woke up on Tuesday morning feeling like a freight train had hit me. Yep, that crazy feeling of Jet-lag where it feels like people talk in slow-mo and you’re walking on a moving platform, yet, it was time to get down to business and do what I came to the Philippines to do. First stop was a radio program called Tambalan at one of the Philippines biggest Media Groups where we did promotion for the 2011 Mr Gay World Competition to be held in Manila in March, as well as promote the launch of our new campaign for the education of HIV/Aids-The Red Ribbon Campain!

(Now, for those of you who are interested, The Red Ribbon Campagin is an initiative by Mr Gay World and Gay World Philippines to create awareness and education within the Philipino community. This was done in honour of one of this year’s contestant from the Philippines who lost his battle with Aids. AS said previously, statistics had show a dramatic increase in the infection rates in the country and so there was only one thing left to do, GET THE WORD OUT THERE and educate the community so as to mobilize them to action, after all, this is their future at stake here.)

This was only the start of my day and by the end of it, I had visited no less that six Radio stations allover the city with my final interview being at 21:30 on a show called Boys Night Out.I can tell you one thing, if it wasn’t for my incredible hosts keeping me fed, and Starbucks, I don’t know how I wiuld have made it! Lol

After all the hustle and bustle we headed to meet Noemi, the MOTHER of the Mr Gay World Philippines for some nice traditional-ish Philipino food, after which it was back to the hotel for some rest as the next day I would be doing a photoshoot with sash and all for the Mr Gay World 2011 competition! (not that I got any sleep, as it was midday back home, so my mind was tired, but my body was on a whole different time schedule!) I had also started to get the feel of the place, with its intense humidity and craziness yet, unlike most busy cities, there seemed to be an incredible politeness and genuine friendliness from the people. Maybe it was because I stood at least a foot taller than most of them and had blonde hair and blue eyes (a rarity in the Philippines). Either way, I felt at home. Even though the next few days were going to be hectic, it was all good....







1 comment:

Dave said...

Was great chatting to you last night Charl. Hope 2011 is as great a year for you as was 2010. Here's the round-up of our year story with the link to your blog as well. Go well bud.. http://gaydurban.blogspot.com/search/label/New%20Year%202010

Dave
Durban View Gay Guesthouse

Post a Comment

Mr Gay World Videos

Followers